Apex Auto feed system
Delivery costs - free next working day for orders over £50 using APC delivery or 3-5 working day service £3.95, Next working day £5.95, Saturday delivery is available charges apply. All orders are tracked. Same day collect in store option is available at Checkout
Order before 2pm today, and when showing as in stock we estimate you'll receive your package between andFrozen food or refrigerated items orders must use Next Working Day shipping option
Apex Auto feed system
Feed your fish consistently, and safely, while you are home OR away! A key component of caring for aquatic animals is regularly providing them with food, but in amounts that get consumed immediately so as not to pollute the aquarium. On top of that, most species do best when they are fed all throughout the day. However, overfeeding of aquariums is one of the top reasons for water pollution and tank failures. With the AFS, you can use the Apex to schedule to feed your fish small amounts of food from once, to as many times as you like throughout the day. You can even set the exact days to feed or not to feed. And, if you are measuring water quality using ORP, you can even hold off feeding if the ORP values drop too low in the tank. The most obvious benefit of the AFS is that it can feed your fish when you are away on vacation — no longer do you have to worry about a friend or family member forgetting to feed, or worse yet, overfeeding your tank!
Stay-dry system prevents caking and clumping
A common issue for most aquarium autofeeders is moisture getting into the food, making it clump or cake and clogging up. The AFS has a motorized food delivery system that automatically extends and retracts into the housing for each feeding. And, the food container has a built-in gasket that seals out all moisture once it is retracted.
Daisy-chain multiple AFS together
The AFS connects to your Apex using a standard AquaBus cable. And, since their are two AquaBus connectors on the AFS, you can daisy-chain multiple feeders together. This is the perfect solution if you are going to be away from your tank for an extended period of time and need the extra capacity, or if you wanted to feed two different types of food.
Features of the Automatic Feeding System – AFS:
- Feeds pellet or flake food in varying amounts
- Apex can be set so that the AFS will feed from one time to as many times as you like throughout the day
- Connects via the Apex AquaBus
- "Stay-dry” system has a sealed food container that extends and retracts for each feeding. This keeps food dry and prevents clumping.
- The lowest setting feeds just a few grains of pellet food so multiple small feedings are possible
- Allows for optimal feeding — small amounts many times a day
- Feedings can be combined with other operations such as powering off return pumps, skimmer, etc. and then automatically turning them back on after a set amount of time.
- Adjustable mounting clip extends up to two inches (or velcro can be used) so it will work in almost every aquarium configuration.
- Includes 15inch AquaBus Cable
- Compatible with the Apex, Apex Lite, and Apex Jr. AquaControllers.