Temperature control within an aquarium is an important parameter in helping to reduce stress on fish and corals where high temperatures or excessive temperature variations can result in coral bleaching or death. D-D have been supplying chillers for several years that provide high efficiency, proven reliability and economy with respect to both running and initial purchase costs. The new DC300 refrigerated chiller is compact enough to fit in most cabinets but has a cooling capacity of 300W making it ideal for aquariums of 150 lts at a 10°C temperature drop to 300 lts with a 5°C temperature drop.
D-D DC300 Chiller
Delivery costs as low as £3.95 for a 2-3 day service, Next day £5.95 and free for orders over £50 using DPD delivery with tracking
Order before 2pm today, and you'll receive your package between andFrozen food or refrigerated items orders must use Next Working Day shipping option
D-D DC300 Chiller
- Microcomputer control - for accuracy and ease of use with a built in temperature memory system in the case of a power failure. Integral over temperature cut off.
- Pure TITANIUM heat exchanger /evaporator - for it's extreme anti corrosion properties in a saltwater environment.
- Low running noise
- High efficiency, latest generation cooler - for low running costs.
- Superior quality condenser - for reliability and low noise.
- Robust metal chassis - for strength and anti vibration properties
- Contemporary housing design - to fit with most decors.
- Cooling Power - 300W
- Voltage - 220-240V
- Frequency - 50Hz
- Current - 0.8A
- Water refrigerated - 50-300lts
- Refrigerant - R134a
- Water flow - 200-1000 lts/hr
- Weight - 9.5Kg
- Dimensions - 338 x 218 x 325mm
- Inlet and outlet - 12mm (12/16mm Eheim pipe)
- Compressor design - reciprocating compressor
The performance chart below shows the cooling curve for the DC300 working on an aquarium of 150 lts of water which starts at a water temperature of 28°C. You can see the drop in temperature of the aquarium hour by hour as it is recirculated through the cooler.
The ambient air temperature in the room remains at 30°C throughout the test.
The chart shows that the temperature of the water is reduced by 10°C in a period of 12 hours.
Note that no heat from lighting or other equipment is added to the water mass during the test.
Internal fuse - T start T3.15A/250V or 5~6A/250V if T start type fuse is not available
The mains plug is also protected by a 13 amp fuse